Saturday, June 21, 2008

Beginnings

WELL, no one thought this would be easy — but to be honest, I've found it a little overwhelming. My problem as a detail-oriented perfectionist is that I get bogged down thinking about all the things we'll have to do instead of starting with the big picture. 

That said, I've come up with an initial concept for my project: I'm thinking a clean, sophisticated lifestyle magazine for young professional women (following what g. said about making yourself your target audience). Therefore, my target demographic will be:
• college educated
• female
• ages 20-35
• moderate income level
• urban/suburban

Some ideas for departments are: art, books, food/wine/nutrition.
Feature ideas include: fitness piece on yoga, travel piece on Lake Tahoe, maybe an entertainment feature(?)
Other ideas: environment, politics, relationships - these could develop into departments or columns — and maybe some of my other ideas could be swapped... not sure yet. 

No comments: